John M. Zukowski
email Email Me
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Personnel Agency Services
- Real Estate/Construction
- Sales, Manufacturing / Transportation
- Civil litigation with a particular emphasis on oil and gas.
Mr. Zukowski began his practice in 1977 by joining a Detroit law firm that specialized in insurance defense. This provided an immediate introduction to civil litigation and an opportunity to begin making court appearances.
In late 1978, Mr. Zukowski joined the Washtenaw County, Michigan Prosecutor's Office as an assistant prosecuting attorney. During his three years with the prosecutor's office, he made almost daily court appearances and tried hundreds of jury and non-jury matters. He handled matters ranging from bovines-at-large to murder one with an insanity defense.
In early 1981, Mr. Zukowski moved to Houston, Texas and joined Byrnes, Myers, Adair, Campbell and Sinex. This firm specialized in oil and gas law. At the time Mr. Zukowski joined the law firm, the 20-plus attorney firm did not have anyone focusing solely on the firm's oil and gas litigation practice. As a result, Mr. Zukowski was provided a crash course in Texas civil litigation. Since that beginning, Mr. Zukowski has continued his emphasis on oil and gas litigation having successfully tried numerous matters involving exploration and production disputes.
Activities and Affiliations:
- Admitted to the State Bar of Michigan, 1977
- Admitted to the State Bar of Texas, 1982
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1977
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2005
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1983
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1983
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1983
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1983
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1982
- Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Board Certified - Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Designated as a 2005, 2006 and 2007 "Super Lawyer" by Texas Monthly.
- Dreyer v. Wood
- Pellegrini v. Cliffwood-Blue Moon Joint Venture
- Union Pacific Resources Co. v. Hutchison
- Union Pacific Resources Co. v. Hutchison - Appeal
- Anderson Producing Inc. v. Koch Oil Co.
- Koch Oil Co. v. Wilber
- Juliette Fowler Homes, Inc. v. Welch Associates, Inc.
- Modern Exploration, Inc. v. Maddison
- Campbell, Athey & Zukowski v. Thomasson
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan, 1977, J.D.
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA